Middle School Ministry (6-8th grade)
For the time being we have taken all student ministries into a digital format! We will release new videos on our YouTube channel at the typical meeting times - Wednesdays at 6 & 7:45PM, and include discussion questions for small groups, families and students to use when possible.
Wednesdays, September 18, 2019 - May 13, 2020
During Hosanna Church’s Middle School Ministry, students are given an opportunity to embrace the faith through small groups, Jesus-centered teaching, engaging worship, serving opportunities, and prayer ministry. According to our vision, Confirmation is an optional milestone that marks the transition from embracing the faith to living the faith. Click here to view the 2019-2020 programming calendar.
Register for 2019-2020 Middle School Ministry by clicking on the links below.
Lakeville - 6-7:15 pm
Northfield - 6-7:15 pm
Shakopee - 6-7:15 pm
Rosemount - 6-7:15 pm
Email with any questions.
We will challenge students to embrace the Faith and make it their own by covering relevant topics and key pieces of what it looks like to be a follower of Jesus today. Teaching topics
Key Mile Markers on a student’s journey towards Embracing the Faith include:
- 7th and 8th Grade Retreats
- Small Groups
Confirmation at Hosanna Church is a chance for students to publicly acknowledge faith in Jesus Christ and make their faith their own. Confirmation is not the “end” of one’s faith journey, nor is it equivalent to salvation. Confirmation students affirm they are on a personal journey to know Christ more. Participation in Confirmation is an optional part of our Middle School Ministry. Regardless of the choice to go through confirmation, all 8th-grade students will transition to the High School Ministry as a small group in the spring.
What is the Confirmation Process?
The Confirmation process ideally begins in 6th grade in the Middle School Ministry (MSM), though students may join as late as their 8th-grade year. Throughout a student’s time in Middle School Ministry, they will have opportunities to embrace core elements of their faith during weekly worship, messages, and small group discussions. Weekly programming and the annual retreat serve as building blocks for students in preparation for Confirmation. Once a student reaches 8th grade and is completes their Confirmation requirements, they will have several opportunities to discuss their choice with the Middle School Coordinator, their small group, and their Small Group Leader(s). Whether a student chooses to confirm their faith or not, 8th grade students transition into the High School Ministry (HSM) from April-May to give students a preview of HSM and what living the faith looks like.
Students in grades 9-12th that are interested in participating in Confirmation, please contact your Campus Student Ministries Coordinator to get more information!
- Consistent and active participation in MSM or HSM
- Participation in at least one Middle School or High School Retreat
- Completion of a written Faith Statement
- Faith Statement Meeting with Small Group Leader(s)
Important Confirmation Dates:
- 7/8th Grade Boys Retreat: January 24-26 (Refund and Registration Deadline is Friday, January 10)
- Confirmation Parent Meeting: Wednesday February 26th, 8:15-8:45 p.m. at all campuses immediately following the Ash Wednesday services in the respective Worship Centers.
- 7/8th Grade Girls Retreat: February 21-23 (Refund and Registration Deadline is Friday, February 7)
- Student Faith Statements Due Wednesday, March 11, 2020
- Confirmation Services: Lakeville
- Saturday, May 2
- Service Times:
- Small Groups ending in an ODD number | 10 a.m. service
- Small Groups ending in an EVEN number | 12:30 p.m. service
- Service Times:
- Saturday, May 2
- Confirmation Service: Shakopee
- Sunday, May 3 from 12-12:45 p.m. immediately following the 10:45 a.m. service in Shakopee
- Confirmation Service: Rosemount
- Sunday, May 3 from 12-12:45 p.m. immediately following the 10:45 a.m. service in Rosemount
- Confirmation Service: Northfield
- Sunday, April 26th from 12-12:45 p.m. immediately following the 10:45 a.m. service in Northfield
Small Groups are a key component of Middle School Ministry and consist of 10 or more students of the same grade and gender and two Small Group Leaders. Returning students will be placed in the same small group as previous years unless otherwise requested.
Small groups create a safe place for students to discuss questions about God while encouraging each other in their faith journey. To allow for the rapid growth Student Ministries is experiencing, when students reach 10 per group, sub-groups will be formed for small group discussion time. In this way, students can enjoy being part of their larger group but continue to invite friends and have more chances for meaningful small group discussions.
Retreats are a milestone for students in grades 7 through 12 as they embrace and live the faith. When you register for Middle School or High School Ministry, the registration for an annual retreat is included. Retreats are typically a highlight for students, a pivotal moment for many in their relationship with Jesus, and a unique opportunity to unplug from their everyday routine. This helps build relationships in the small group and fosters more meaningful discussions on regular programming nights.
Lakeville and Shakopee Students:
- Click here for information about the Boys Retreat.
- Click here for information about the Girls Retreat.
Northfield and Rosemount Students:
- Click here for information about the Middle School/High School Co-ed Retreat
Guests are always welcome. If your guest is interested, the staff will encourage them to register to be officially placed in a small group. Small groups are central to the Middle School Ministry experience and new students are able to join a small group anytime throughout the year.