HALO (k-5th grade)
HALO is our Wednesday night small group focused ministry for kids K-5th grade, offered at the Lakeville and Shakopee campuses. Kids will be placed with a group of kids their own age and a volunteer small group leader who facilitates the curriculum prepared by the Family Ministries team. The curriculum includes games, activities, crafts and discussion questions. These weekly lessons encourage our kids to learn the faith and deepen their relationship with Jesus and their understanding of the Bible. The hour that we are together also includes live worship and engaging Bible teaching.
- Click here to register for HALO at the Lakeville campus.
- Click here to register for HALO at the Shakopee campus.
We teach a variety of Bible stories and basic biblical concepts that encourage kids to go deeper by asking questions and engaging in open discussion. Topics consist of lessons grounded in our 4 vital truths:
- I understand God’s plan for salvation (Admit, Believe and Commit)
- God is real and I can trust Him.
- I can talk to God and ask Him tough questions.
- God has a plan for me.
Click here to access the weekly curriculum for k-2nd grade & 3-5th grade.
Small Groups are a key component of HALO and consist of 8-12 kids each. Groups are co-ed and are organized by grade level. Each group of kids will have 1-2 volunteer small group leaders to facilitate the group during the ministry hour. Our goal is to keep kids in the same group from Kindergarten through 5th grade to support the process of building trusting relationships. Small groups create a safe place for kids to ask questions and learn how to connect and engage in their faith community.
Guests are required to check in at Guest Services to receive a Guest Pass for the evening. If the guest would like to return, we ask that they register online so we can monitor group sizes and provide the best experience for all of our kids.
HALO is a volunteer-led ministry that would not be possible without our incredible volunteer support. HALO has a wide variety of serving opportunities, including:
- Small Group Leaders: Lead or co-lead a small group
- Large Group Teachers: Share your passion for teaching and storytelling by sharing Bible stories with kids
- Room Assistants: Support small group leaders by monitoring hallways, bathroom breaks, supply needs, etc.
- Set-up Team Members: Help prepare the classrooms for ministry
Email Brianna Richards, Family Ministries Administrative Assistant, at , to sign-up to volunteer at the Lakeville campus. Email Kimberlee Xiong, Family Ministries Coordinator, at , to sign-up to volunteer at the Shakopee campus.