Thoughts to encourage parents…
Learning a musical instrument is a life-long endeavor. Experts say it takes approximately 10,000 hours to produce mastery of any skill. Learn to enjoy and celebrate each step of the process!
- Your partnership to help your child establish a practice routine is crucial to their success.
- A student’s work ethic will contribute far more to their success than perceived talent.
- Encourage and praise your student’s perseverance to ‘work at it.’ This perseverance goes a long way both in music and in life!
- Think of lessons as an investment into an amazing ability they have the potential to develop. It will take determination, consistency, and work.
- Honest feedback coupled with support in learning supply the motivation to master each skill. We provide measurable step-by-step markers that help students know where they are in the process.
- Remember, a mistake is but a step or two away from a level of excellence with practice! Working through mistakes is a step in the process toward mastery. Frustration and mistakes normal, expected and part of the process.
- The joy and pleasure that comes from being able to play music for a lifetime is well worth the time, effort, and investment!
We celebrate your students’ hard work and perseverance! Learning a musical instrument in this context can be life-changing. Thank you for your partnership in developing your child’s musical potential!