Hosanna! is pleased to offer traditional infant/children’s baptisms for ages infant – Grade 5. We teach that Jesus instituted Holy Baptism, that God truly acts in this sacrament, and that faith is essential for its effectiveness.
Frequently Asked Questions:
- Do I need to be a member of Hosanna! or a Lutheran to have my child baptized?
- No, but we would like you to consider Hosanna! to be your church home or faith community if you do not have one.
- Do I need to have sponsors or godparents?
- Many people choose to have them, but it is not required.
- Can I be baptized with my child?
- Yes – we would love to accommodate your family for a parent/child baptism.
- What age can I baptize my child?
- Any age is appropriate if parents are committed to supporting their child’s faith journey.
- What does the child who is getting baptized wear?
- Are we the only family?
- In order to create a faith community, several families will be at each baptism. It is limited to 50 families.
- Does Hosanna! perform private baptisms?
- Emergency baptism requests are discerned by staff. Please contact email@example.com for consideration of an emergency baptism or for questions you may have.
- A Mandatory Class is required prior to participating. Please register for the class below. Taking the class will give you a more thorough understanding of Hosanna’s baptism statement. This will make for a richer experience on the actual day of your infant/child’s baptism. Classes are offered Saturdays and Mondays at varying times.
- After class, you will receive confirmation of your Infant/Child Baptism date (see dates available for baptisms in the class registration)
- Infants/Children being baptized will be recognized directly following worship services.
- We’ll make sure to print a personalized baptism certificate. Please be on time to ensure a stress-free day for everyone. Afterwards, celebrate with your family and friends at the location of your choice! Please note: Celebrations after the service must be held off-site.