Due to continued snow, there will be no Hosanna! Preschool on Tuesday, January 23.
This was a year of opportunity and enduring faith for Hosanna!. We kicked off FY17 by launching our Multiply vision and demonstrating our commitment to “multiplying the hope and heartbeat of Jesus” in the south metro and beyond. When we look over our year in numbers, we see a story, one that tells of God’s heart for His church, His people, and all the ways He’s moving in Hosanna! – click here for the FY17 Annual Report infographic.
In FY17, we grew in faith, reached the churchless, empowered the powerless, and unified the church. Above all, we lived our Multiply vision. We are thankful, humbled, and excited for all God has in store at Hosanna!.
FY17 Annual Meeting FAQ:
Where can I find Hosanna’s FY17 Annual Report?
- Click here for a .pdf of the FY17 Annual Report infographic.
What are the election results of Hosanna’s FY17 Annual Meeting ballot vote?
- Darin Hunhoff, Darryl Shoemaker and Kim Bushman were all voted onto the Vision Board for three year terms.
- Matt Krause, Mary Stoner and Carol Nissen were all voted onto the Vision Board Nominating Committee for two year terms.
- The formal land resolution was passed by the congregational members with a 72% ‘yes’ vote.
How many acres of land are included in the formal land resolution, and where is it located?
- The formal land resolution includes 5.7 acres of purchased, undeveloped land. This 5.7 acres is a part of the larger 16.15 acres of purchased, undeveloped land. The land in this formal resolution is located in Lakeville off of CR 46, by Itasca Trail and 163rd St. W. Click here for a map.
Knowing the formal land resolution passed, what will the process for the potential land sale look like from here?
- The Vision Board and senior leadership will direct the engagement of a real estate professional, assess the value of the land and list the land.
- At the point a reasonable offer is received, a townhall style meeting will be held to answer questions and share details like: who the potential buyer is, stipulations for the use of the land, how the sale proceeds will be used and any additional information related to the sale.
What will the communication process be moving forward?
- To date, information on Hosanna’s FY17 Annual Meeting and the formal land resolution was communicated in the weekend program, in church service host announcements, on the website and printed at guest services in both campus locations for two weeks prior to the meeting, in accordance with our bylaws. There was also an in-person land resolution Q&A meeting with Vision Board members on Sunday, October 29, at 9am in both Lakeville and Shakopee locations.
- While we are fully committed to organizational transparency, as well as doing our best to provide clear, timely communication to our congregation, we humbly acknowledge and apologize for any confusion you may have experienced in this particular process. Going forward, we will continue to share information across all communication channels and can include additional digital communications like email or social media. Again, we are committed to doing so in a clear and timely fashion.
If the land is sold, how could the funds be used at Hosanna?
- We want to be good stewards of the “talents” that God has blessed us with (Matthew 25:14-30). The Vision Board and senior leadership are unified in hearing from and trusting God about proceeding with this opportunity. Proceeds from the potential sale will be used in full alignment with Hosanna’s mission, vision and values. Possible uses may include: tithing to outside ministries, paying down some of Hosanna’s debt, and advancement of current ministry strategies, programs and resources.
- According to our bylaws, any single financial transaction that is $500,000 or higher requires congregational approval. If such approval becomes necessary, we will provide communication in a clear and timely manner.
- As an important part of the discernment process, we will prayerfully consider input from the congregation regarding how to best fulfill our Multiply vision at this time.
Who do I contact if I have additional questions?