90 Day Tithe Challenge
Tithing is a step of faith and trust in God that He will meet your needs. God knows that money is one of the hardest things for us to handle well. That’s why he tells us to test him in this practice. See what he said in Malachi 3:10: “Bring the whole tithe (10%) into the storehouse, that there may be food in my house. Test me in this,” says the Lord Almighty, “and see if I will not throw open the floodgates of heaven and pour out so much blessing that there will not be room enough to store it.” (NIV)
Tithing, which means tenth, was passed down from the law of Moses as a way to acknowledge that everything comes from God. Jesus had a lot to say about money and giving, as well, and in Matthew 6:24 said: “No one can serve two masters. For you will hate one and love the other; you will be devoted to one and despise the other. No one can serve both God and money.” (NLT)
Listen to Pastor Ryan’s message about tithing and the freedom it brings to the giver. Hosanna wants you to experience this freedom. A great way to start is to participate in the 90 Day Challenge.
How It Works:
- Sign up through the I'M IN link above. Let us know that you are participating so we can pray for you and encourage you on this journey. You are not meant to do this alone!
- Give us a call or email if you want to know more before signing up. We are here to talk this through with you. You can reach out to Keevan Kosidowski, Director of Giving Ministry, at 952-892-9752.
- Read the FAQs below for more information.
- Tell someone you are doing this so they can pray for you! You will likely be an inspiration to them and others as well.
- Start giving your first 10% based on the schedule that works for you. We encourage you to time your tithing with your paydays so that the first 10% is going to God. You can use online giving (select the 90 Day Challenge Fund) or drop your check in the mail or in our secure giving boxes on each campus. Just write 90 Day Challenge in the memo.
- Pray daily for God to reveal Himself to you in new ways and track His blessings. It’s not just the financial blessing He pours out. You might be presented with new opportunities, meet new people, find new ways to serve, see a change in your home or your own attitude. These are all His blessings.
- Watch for our weekly email messages of encouragement and reach out to us anytime.
- Call or email us your story at the end of 90 days! Share your story with others so you can be an encouragement to them.
Through this step of trust, we know that God will bless you in unexpected ways. If you don’t see that transformation in your heart and in your life, we will return your additional giving made during your 90 Day Challenge.
90 Day Challenge FAQs:
Is there more than one way I can tithe?
Yes! There are a number of ways you can tithe. Just make sure to select the 90 Day Challenge Fund.
- Click "Give" on our App.
- Text HosannaGive to 94000.
- With Cash or Check, please put your name and address with your tithe in an envelope noting the 90 Day Challenge in the memo line of your check or as a note.
- If you are currently an Online recurring giver, you have two options:
- Cancel your current recurring schedule and set up a new one: Go into your account through the Hosanna App or via the Hosanna website. Login to your Pushpay account. Cancel your current schedule and create a new schedule with your tithe. Remember to select the 90 Day Challenge fund.
- Create a new schedule: Go into your account through the Hosanna App or via the Hosanna website. Login to your Pushpay account. Create another recurring schedule with the additional amount you would like to give. Remember to select the 90 Day Challenge fund.
What does my tithe support?
Your tithe goes to Hosanna’s general fund, which supports all of the operations of the church, all our ministries, maintenance and operation of our buildings, staff compensation, expansion efforts, and our local and global partners. To learn more about all Hosanna ministries please view our FY20 Annual Report (September 1, 2019-August 31, 2020).
How much of my tithe can be refunded?
We will refund all of the additional offering committed during the 90-Day Challenge for those that make the request. This period begins on the day you submitted your commitment form. Tithes or offerings given prior to this date will not be refunded.
When can I request a refund?
Requests for a refund must be submitted within 120 days of the date you submitted your commitment form - 30 days after your 90 Day Tithe Challenge ends. You do not have to wait until the end of your 90 Day Tithe Challenge period. You may request a refund at any time as long as it falls within 120 days of when you submitted your commitment form.
How do I request a refund?
Email Marci Tokach at or send a written request to Hosanna Church 9600 163rd Street West, Lakeville MN 55044
How will I receive my refund?
All refunds, regardless of how the tithe was given (check, credit card, cash), will be issued by check and mailed to the address on file for the most recent tax year.